There is something so sophisticated about white bedding. It always looks clean, fresh and super inviting. Hotels know how to create a relaxed feel by using white bedding to lure their customers in for a fantastic nights sleep. It works on me every.single.time. Can I tell you how you can take your white bedding to the next level? Simply by using linen sheets and duvet covers. I’m telling you, it’s a game changer! I recently made the switch and I’m not going back. In fact, Boll & Branch just launched linen sheet sets and duvet’s that feel like a dream. Let me show you how I styled it in my master bedroom.
The beauty of linen bedding is that it looks fantastic messy. Who doesn’t love that?! I used both the Boll & Branch linen sheet set and duvet cover. I loosely make my bed in the morning so it has that organic feel. Of course you don’t have to do this with linen. You can make your bed look clean and sophisticated. White bedding looks good solo or with a simple throw pillow to add color and texture.
Also, Boll & Branch linen also comes in Dune and Pewter. My goal is to get both of those colors to switch out when I’m in the mood to add some neutral color to the mix. Dune is my jam and looks fantastic with white, black and most soft colors.
Here are some things to highlight about Boll & Branch linen.
- Breezy, light, and laid-back.
- Ultra-breathable and made of pure European flax.
- They are garment washed to give it a softer feel than typical linen.
- They only get softer with time.
Something else that I love about linen is that it keeps you cool in the Summer and warm in the Winter. It took some convincing for my husband, but now he agrees with me! He has to be cold at night, so he’s on board with the linen movement.
Here are some easy tips for taking care of your linen bedding.
- Follow the manufacturer’s care instructions. Washing/drying instructions can vary based on the stitching or the dyes used.
- Never use bleaches or detergents with color brighteners.
- Machine wash with like colors. Use mild detergents in lukewarm or cold water on a gentle cycle. Always be sure to rinse your linen to remove any soapy residue. You can wash in hot water but remember heat weakens fibers
- Don’t over load your machine. The more water the better.
- To minimize the natural wrinkling properties, machine tumble dry on a low temperature or a wrinkle release setting. Remove and fold the sheets promptly when dry. You may iron warm, if desired.
- Try to remove any stains immediately after they are formed, as they get more difficult to take out the longer they set.
I’m obsessed with this bedding, to say the least. You won’t regret investing in linen bedding, I promise!
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.