I’m in this crazy season of constantly being on my computer. Whether it’s writing a blog post, writing notes concerning my book or editing images for a guest article, I am always looking at a computer screen. And if you know me or know any other creative, if a computer looks cool, we feel like we’re getting more done. Or something like that?!:) I have some simple ideas for how how stay organized and on task, which can be hard when you have Facebook staring at you to get lost in it.
1. I’m big on using apps that keep me organized. A few I like are Evernote, Asana (puts tasks and conversations in one place), iDone This (the best checkoff list), 24me (auto generates reminders) and Wunderlist.
2. I take periodical walks to get the blood flowing and my mind re-charged. Because I work near lots of coffee shops, it’s an easy walk to take.
3. I only allow myself to look at Facebook ONCE a day! Haha. Seriously though. It’s too distracting.
4. I set a timer for when I want to finish a certain project. If the timer goes off and you’re not done, you lose…hahaha.
5. I keep snacks around me so I never stop working because of hunger. Almonds and trail mix are easy to have accessible.
It’s hard being self employed on a computer all day, but it’s possible!
A big reason of why I’m loving the new HP Pavilion 17″ Notebook, which is sold exclusively at HSN, is it feels like a motivating tool with all of the details that I need for my business. In partnering with HP, I quickly learned that this was a very easy Notebook to love! Why buy buy HP at HSN? Because the screen is massive, it runs on Windows 10 operating system, comes in 5 cool colors, a Bang & Olufsen audio built-in and the storage is crazy with 2 TB of storage. And it’s also a touch screen, which I naturally caught on to, even with a large screen. The HP Pavilion was an easy switch for me from my previous notebook. And the best part is the price point! Perfect for the struggling artsy heartsy.
And for a real mommy moment….
Step away from the notebook….
Shop the HP Pavilion here.
Join our Newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.